A scholarship for the European Forum Alpbach 2023
18th of August to 2nd of September
Club Alpbach Salzburg enables young, committed people with a connection to Salzburg to participate in the European Forum Alpbach for the entire duration of the event. A special thanks goes to the our sponsors who provide the financial means for this.
Photo: Maria Noisternig, European Forum Alpbach
A Club Alpbach Salzburg scholarship includes:
- Participation fee for the European Forum Alpbach
- Guaranteed accommodation directly in the center of Alpbach
- Accommodation costs except for a deductible of € 120
- Contact people on site
- Joint framework program
- Fireside chats with interesting personalitiesn
- Club membership
- Alumni network and events throughout the year
- Possibilities to shape the club and the European Forum Alpbach
- Salzburg connection (Salzburg as place of origin, place of residence, place of study or place of work – either currently or in the past)
- Age: 18 to max. 30 years (can be exceeded in exceptional cases with good reason)
- Compliance with the pre-communicated Covid prevention measures
- Resume (without photo!)
- Motivational letter, answering the following questions:
- What is your motivation to attend the European Forum Alpbach 2023? (max. 150 words)
- Tell us something about yourself that we cannot know from your CV (max. 200 words)
- Explain your ideas and/or stance on one of the following topics (max 350 words):
- Use of nuclear energy in the 21st century
- Wealth tax
- Obligation to vote vs. right to vote
- Cultural appropriation vs. cultural appreciation
Use a post-it (7×7/10x10cm) to show what you are passionate about! Upload a picture and shortly comment on your post-it (max. 100 words).
- Proof of current education/training/employment (e.g. confirmation of inscription or employment, grades, etc.)
Photo: Andrei Pungovschi, European Forum Alpbach
- Format: pdf
- Naming the files according to the following pattern: „CV_first name_last name“, „Answers_first name_last name“, „Document of proof_first name_last name“, „Post-it_first name_last name”
The European Forum Alpbach will take place from the 18th of August to 2nd of September – you can send in your application between 1st and 31st of March. Make sure not to miss any updates by following us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
We will inform all applicants by mail as soon as the selection has been made.
Scope of the sponsorship package
The cost of a scholarship or sponsorship package is made up directly of the cost of Forum Alpbach participation fees and accommodation and catering costs. A scholarship for participation in the Forum currently costs 1,800 euros. The participation fee for scholarship holders at the European Forum Alpbach accounts for 800,- Euro of this, as the European Forum Alpbach supports each scholarship with 50% of the regular participation fee. The remaining 1000,- Euro will finance accommodation during the Forum, organization and other possible costs.
Club Alpbach Salzburg takes the awarding of scholarships very seriously and tries to be as conscientious as possible when awarding scholarships. The selection is made in the first round by the Club Alpbach Salzburg scholarship team and in the second round by the Executive Board. Relevant criteria include diversity of interest, voluntary commitment and critical engagement with one or more of the thematic tracks, as well as a personal point of view on the subject. Applications from people with a diverse background are encouraged.
All complete applications will be considered.
The time in Alpbach was a source of inspiration for me. Above all, the exciting conversations, discussions, and the multitude of perspectives with friends, participants, and speakers fueled my desire to move things forward.
My highlight was being able to meet incredibly inspiring personalities and talents among the scholarship holders.
Overall, the Forum Alpbach was one of the most exciting and formative experiences I have had so far, and I can only urge anyone who is undecided to apply for a scholarship.
We are looking forward to your application! Our scholarship team will be happy to answer any questions you may have: firstname.lastname@example.org.